The Czech automaker, Skoda launched the all-new Rapid TSI last year. looking back that seems to be a bold move by Skoda as many manufactures had postponed their launches due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
This time around it’s no different although the brand has shifted its future launches but is now updating all the current models. Yes, Skoda has given some minor cosmetics update to the Monte Carlo and Onyx edition of the Rapid series.
What are the changes?
- So, starting with the Monte Carlo, we get to see a new front lip spoiler, side spoiler, black diffuser and new black alloy wheels.
- While the Skoda Rapid Onyx gets chrome grille surrounds, silver side mouldings, silver roof, silver front lip spoiler and silver ORVMs. It rides on black alloy wheels. Coming to the inside, it gets black and silver seats.
Anything new on the mechanical front?
|Engine||3-cylinder 1.0-litre TSI Petrol|
- As the BS6 norms kicked in, Skoda decided to remove the diesel engines from its lineup. The BS6-compliant turbo-petrol engine offers a good mileage with decent power figures.
- The 1.0-litre turbo engine that powers the Hyundai Verna has a power output of 98hp and a peak torque of 172 Nm.
- The Skoda engine surely is a powerful one as seen in the segment.
- It is to be noted that the all-new Rapid is currently being offered with a 6-speed manual transmission while the automatic transmission is expected to be offered later.