Recently a teaser of the Tata Tigor 2020 was released, giving us a hint of what the compact sub-4-meter sedan may look like. This was something which we all have been waiting for a long time and we can’t wait to see what the Indian automaker has to offer. Let’s look at what upgrades the Tiago will get.
You may also like: Mercedes EQC SUV To Reach Indian Shores In April 2020
Tata Tigor 2020 | Price and rivals
- To meet the BS6-compliant norms, Tigor will get an upgraded engine, thus the price can be expected to be increased by ₹20,000 or even more.
- The current variant of the Tiago has been priced between ₹5.53 lakh and ₹7.93 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
- The sub-compact sedan will compete with the likes of Honda Amaze, Maruti Suzuki Dzire, and Ford Aspire.
Tata Tigor 2020 | Engine specifications
- The 2020 facelift will have BS6-compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine only. There won’t be any diesel variant.
- The engine is expected to produce the same output (85PS and 114Nm) as its predecessor.
- The car will be available with a 5-speed manual transmission and a 5-speed Automated Manual Transmission(AMT).
Suggested for you: 2020 Ford Mustang To Launch By Second Half Of 2020
Tata Tigor 2020 | Interior and Exterior
- The front has been completely modified with redesigned headlamps and a revamped bumper.
- The car will get LED DRL’s embedded into the fog lamp housing and may come with a new burgundy colour option as per the teaser image.
- We are expecting some minor changes at the rear too but that can only be confirmed after the launch.
- The car will also get a new front grille which looks inspired by Tata Altroz. Tigor is currently present with a 7-inch infotainment system that is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto which is justified with an 8 speaker system by Harman.
- To add a cherry on the cake it also comes with projector headlamps, a reversing camera, and auto climate control.
- We are expecting all these features to be retained in the Tata Tigor 2020.
The booking for 2020 Tata Tigor has already started and you can make one for mere ₹11,000 at the authorised showrooms. The car will be launched at the Auto Expo 2020 which is scheduled for next month.
With so many amazing features and incredible design, Tata has definitely done some serious work on the 2020 Tigor and we are really looking forward to its launch next month! Stay tuned for more latest updates and news on Tata Tigor 2020.
Suggested Read: Hyundai’s Take on the Kia Carnival Takes Shape