Korean auto giant Hyundai has finally revealed its second pure electric vehicle in India. The Hyundai Ioniq 5 is the most iconic way. The soon-to-be Tata Nexon EV rival was unveiled at the Gateway of India, Mumbai.
The bookings for the Ioniq 5 has also begun. You can easily book your Hyundai Ioniq EV at just ₹ 1 lakh. It is said that Hyundai is planning to launch this new MG ZS EV rival by mid-2023.
- The Hyundai Ioniq 5 is based on the brand Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP)
- On the global scale, it offered 2 battery options- 58 kWh and 72.6 kWh
- The international spec offers a range of 480 km of range (WLTP cycle) on a single charge.
- The twin-motors on the global variant produces 298 BHP and 605 Nm of peak torque
- This beast can zoom from 0-100kms in just 5.2 secs.
- Although all the above-mentioned specs are of the global variant.
- However, it is expected that the Indian variant will be offered with a bigger battery.
- With a bigger battery, it is speculated to offer a dynamic range of 600+ (ARAI Certified) kms on a single charge.
- The Indian variant will also support 800V fast charging and its battery can be charged from 10-10% in under 18 mins
- However, with its launch, we can expect the Ioniq 5 to give tough competition to all its competitors like the MG ZS EV, Tata Nexon EV, and the recently launched BYD Atto 3.