SsangYong Rexton G4 flagship SUV, which was rebranded and launched in India as Mahindra Alturas G4 in 2018, is going to get minor upgrades in design in the international markets in the 2020 facelift version.
- From what we can get from the glimpse, the side profile will remain unchanged in the 2020 version. The rear end of the vehicle is fully covered but it won’t harm to expect revised taillights and a revamped rear bumper.
- Inside, the Mahindra Alturas G4 global version facelift can be expected to have minor changes that would have been made keeping the customer feedbacks in mind. Colour themes, materials, finishing and contours will obviously suit the premium SUV standard.
- When it comes to powertrain of the Rexton G4 SUV 2020 facelift version, we don’t expect the Mahindra-owned Korean automaker to make changes. For EV powertrain also, it can be said that it is unlikely for the facelift to get the EV variant.
Suggested Read: MG Maxus D90 | Fortuner Endeavour Rival Spied!
- The Rexton is already equipped with class-leading features that had customers lured towards it. Be it the premium luxury features or the comfort, Mahindra Alturas G4’s global version has been loved by the customers.
- The Mahindra Alturas G4 had a great start in India but was overshadowed by the likes of Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and Skoda Kodiaq.
Check this Out! Over 700 Ford Endeavour Sold In October
- Alturas G4 is expected to have the same upgrades as the Rexton G4 facelift within a year or so. The SUV is currently powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine which can produce a power output of 181hp and a peak torque of 420Nm. The four-wheel-drive is complemented with a 7-speed automatic transmission from Mercedes-Benz.
- Currently, Mahindra Alturas G4 is priced between ₹26.95lakh to ₹29.95lakh (ex-showroom). Although the price tag is a bit higher considering it to be a Mahindra offering, the truly luxurious global 7-seat SUV justifies the price fully.