A test mule of the soon to launch 2021 Mahindra Scorpio was spotted testing. Mahindra has been testing the Scorpio and the XUV700 for quite some time now. However, every time we spot a test mule being tested a new feature is revealed.
This time it is the interior of the 2021 iteration Scorpio which has been spotted without any camouflage. So without any further ado let’s see how it looks like!
- The new 7-seater from Mahindra gets to boast a new infotainment system which looks to be of about 8-inches.
- The infotainment system also gets wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- We also get to see dual-zone climate control features.
- There also sit a few upfitter switches at the bottom for hazard lamps, car key reminder, seatbelt warning for the driver and passenger as well as a button for a 360-degree camera.
- These have been carried forwarded from the previous-gen Mahindra Scorpio.
- Some additional fitments include a couple of USB socket, a drive terrain knob located, a multi-functional steering wheel, cup holders, an armrest and what seems to be a digital instrument cluster.
Any new updates on the power specifications?
- Talking about the power the 2021 Mahindra Scorpio will offer a 2.2-litre mHawk turbo diesel and a 2.0-litre mstallion direct-injection turbo-petrol engine.
- Both the units will come mated to a six-speed manual along with a six-speed automatic torque converter transmission.
India Launch and Rivals?
- Going by the latest media reports, it is speculated that next-gen Mahindra will now be launched by early 2022.
- The reason cited for the delay is the ever-increasing cases of Covid-19 cases and the state-wise lockdown imposed.
- Talking about rivals, it will go against the MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the soon to launch Hyundai Alcazar.
- Compared to the current-gen, the new 2021 iteration will get an array of premium features making it slightly costlier than the outgoing gen.