SUVs are selling like hot cakes on the entire planet. People are preferring to buy an SUV over any other vehicle type. But talking about the scenario in India, SUVs are expensive and not everyone can easily buy a piece of this cake. However, things took a drastic turn when Nissan launched their subcompact SUV, Magnite.
Well, the launch of Nissan Magnite changed the definition of a subcompact SUV. Nissan Magnite offers a ton of first in segment features with no compromise on quality. That said, here are 10 reasons you should consider Nissan Magnite as your first SUV.
Is Super Spacious
By looking at the image Nissan Magnite appears a size smaller. But let me tell you, don’t go by its images and we want you to witness this vehicle in person. Why you may ask?
- Before telling anything else, the Nissan Magnite measure 3994mm, 1758mm, 1572mm in length, width and height respectively.
- And considering these numbers Magnite is at power with its rivals. Also, because of a long wheelbase of 2500mm there is more than ample space on the inside
- Additionally, sticking true to its SUV DNA Magnite sits 205mm above the ground. This lends the vehicle capability to tackle a bit of rough roads.
Gets A Potent Engine
Another plus point about the new Nissan Magnite is its heart, the engine. Under the hood, the Magnite gets an option of a couple of engines to choose from.
- Both the engines are 1.0-litre 3 cylinder petrol units.
- But the more powerful engine is the one that is turbocharged. As the engine is turbocharged it packs quite a punch.
- Nissan Magnite, with this engine, generates 100ps of max power and the torque is about 160Nm.
Has A Dynamic Transmission
In these modern times, most of the people buying a car want convineance. And to deliver exactly that Nissan offers 2 transmission options to choose from.
- The less powerful 1.0-litre engine gets only a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Whereas the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine gets the option of either a 5-speed MT and a CVT automatic transmission to choose from.
Recommended Read: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite: A Budget SUV Battle?
Comes With Ton Of Features
Next to a good powertrain and drivetrain the people who want an SUV also want their vehicle to be feature-packed. Nissan Magnite in its top-end avatar gets so many features. Even some features are first in the segment. To name to few, Nissan Magnite gets
- A wireless charger
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- JBL premium sound system Rear AC vents
360- degree camera
Speaking of Features in detail, the new Nissan Magnite offers a first in segment 360-degree camera. Well, if you are not aware, this means Magnite offers a camera on all 4 sides. This helps to maneuver the SUV in tight spaces with ease.
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
There are features that all vehicles, especially SUV should have. It is the Tyre pressure monitoring system. And we are excited to report that Nissan Magnite does offer TPMS. The car will tell if there is a puncture. Also, Magnite is smart enough to tell the tyre in which the tyre pressure is less.
All digital instrument cluster
To display all the information the car needs a visual screen. Hence, Nissan has given Magnite an all Digital instrument cluster. All the vital information that the driver should is displayed on this small yet big screen.
A person buys an SUV because of the road presence, space and driving position. This is where Nissan leads when comparing it with its competition. Nissan Magnite gets sleek all-LED headlights with LED fog lights that enhance the overall aesthetics of the vehicle.
Safety And Safety Features
In the end, everyone who buys a vehicle wants the SUV to be safe. Well, Nissan Magnite scored 4 stars in adult occupancy in the ASEAN NCAP crash test rating. But it should be mentioned that the car tested was the one made in India for the Indonesian market.
However, the Magnite that is sold in India has not been tested yet. But we assume it will be equally safe if not less. In addition to that, the Magnite offers many safety features as well. This includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD, hill start assist, traction control and more.
Most importantly what is the price of this SUV. If we say that this can be your first SUV, well that somewhat makes it clear that it will not break your wallet. That said, this potent SUV starts from as low as ₹5.59 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
Also, the top-end trim with all the bells and whistles will cost you just ₹9.90 Lakhs (ex-showroom). At this price, we feel that Nissan Magnite is definitely a bargain.
Interesting Read: Bill Gates & His Mouth Watering Car Collection!