It seems like the only thing Maruti is concerned about is its sales! You ask why? Well, the latest offering from the brand has miserably failed at the Global NCAP.
But which car is it? Well, it’s one of the brand most latest offerings, The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso which has scored 0 stars on the global NCAP safety rating. The car was being tested under Global NCAP’s #SaferCarsForIndia campaign.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso has turned out to be one of the brand’s most successful models due to its micro-SUV proportion and features and of course its pocket-friendly price.
Although Maruti’s safety standards have always in the limelight as the brand has been accused many times of compromising the standard safety norms in order to make a car more economical.
So keeping our heads low let’s look at the brief overview at the test results!
- During the test, S-Presso scored a poor 0-star out of a total score of 17.00 rating in the adult occupant protection but did manage to score 2-stars in the child occupant protection.
- The variant being tested was the mid-spec VXi trim offering a single airbag for the driver.
- However, the passenger side airbag does come optional. while the fully loaded VXi+ offers dual airbags (both driver and passenger).
What are the reasons behind such low safety scores?
- According to the GNAP report, the reason cited behind such low scores is due to its low build quality which led to higher damage ratings.
- Coming to the child safety occupancy, the main reason observed was the lack of ISOFIX anchorage which led to the poor child safety rating.
- Out of the total score of 49.00, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso could only score a mere 13.84.
Are there any other models from Maruti which have been tested at GNAP?
- In recent times Global NCAP has tested many models including- Ertiga, Wagon R, Eeco, Vitara Brezza etc.
- The highest-rated car by Maruti is the Vitara Brezza with a 4-stars Global NCAP rating.