This comes straight from India’s largest carmaker MSIL who is set to launch another generation of the brands only offering in the premium hatchback segment, the all new 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
With its launch, the new age Baleno will join the brand #SaferCarsforIndia drive and is expect to score a 4-star safety rating. Now, with its launch scheduled for February 10th 2022 new details of the next generation hatchback has been revealed.
Moreover, the brand has also started the production for the new 2022 Baleno to fulfil the demand.
Will there be a new powertrain options?
- We can expect to see the same powertrain options on the new heavily updated Baleno.
- These include a 1.2-litre VVT petrol engine and a 1.2-litre DualJet VVT engine.
- Both engines produce 82 bhp and 89 bhp with a peak torque of 113 Nm respectively.
- While the transmission options will include a standard 5-speed manual and an optional CVT automatic gearbox.
- However, rumour also has it that Maruti could replace the CVT gearbox with a more affordable AMT gearbox.
- With the government not focusing on safer cars for India, Maruti will have to equip the 2022 Baleno with top-notch safety and security features.
- Some of the standard safety features expected on the new Tata Altroz, Hyundai i20 rival include 6-airbags (Reserved for higher variants), ESP (Electronic Stability Program), cruise control, ABD with EBD Hill assist start/stop button among others.
- To help with the build quality, The brand is also expected to use a thicker / stronger grade of steel to make the cars outer body strong.
Anything new on the feature front?
- Staring with the exterior, it gets a re-worked front grille, the headlamps seem to have been stretched a bit and somewhat resemble the likes of the Ciaz.
- It will also get projector headlights as standard.
- Looking at the taillamps, they also seem to have been inspired by the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and are LED in nature.
- Additional features on the outside include the ‘Baleno’ badging, rear fog lamps, shark fin antenna and updated Suzuki badging on the boot.
- On the inside, the 2022 Baleno will get a new and massive 10-inch floating infotainment system compatible with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Other features on the inside include a wireless charger, dual-tone leatherette seats, multifunctional steering wheel, fully digital instrument cluster etc.
Any other feature update?
- Now coming to the new additional features, it gets revised bumpers with L-shaped taillamps.
- The new 2022 Baleno also gets wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with a revised TFT instrument cluster and HUD (Heads up Display).
- Other additional features include, LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs, a flat bottom steering wheel alongside a 7.0 and a 9.0- infotainment system options.
- That’s not all the new Baleno will also be offered in 4-new exciting colours- Splendid Silver, Grandeur Grey, Opulent Red and Celestial Blue.