Another truly Made-in-India car has done wonders at the Global NCAP safety crash tests. The new-gen Mahindra Scorpio N has scored a whooping 5-star safety at the GNCAP crash tests.
- The recently launched Mahindra Scorpio N was tested under the updated and now more stringent crash test protocol.
- During the crash test, the Scorpio N received a cumulative safety rating of 3 stars.
- Talking numbers it scored 28.93 points out of 49 in the Child Safety.
- While In adult safety, the sportier N series scored 29.25 out of 34 points
- The Mahindra XUV700, Tata Safari, Hyundai Alcazar, and MG Hector Plus rival also got an ‘OK’ rating during the side pole impact test despite having curtain airbags.
- The Scorpio N is offered in 5-trims- Z2, Z4, Z6, Z8 and Z8L
- Although, in the chest region of the occupants, the Scorpio N received a ‘weak’ rating.
- It offers a 2.0-Litre turbo petrol and a 2.2L turbo diesel engine paired to a 6-speed manual and an automatic transmission.
- The GNCAP has recently updated its protocol for its frontal and side impact protection for all tested models.
- It is mandatory for cars to sport safety features like Electronic Stability Control (ESC), pedestrian protection, and side impact pole protection for better safety rating.
- Along with the Scorpio N, The Maruti Suzuki Swift, Ignis and S-Presso were also tested.
- While the Scorpio bore the safety flag for India by scoring a 5-star safety rating, The swift, Ignis, and S-Presso underperformed and scored 2-3-0 safety ratings respectively.
Amplify your brand presence with high-quality ads on GoMechanic Platforms.