MG showcased its flagship SUV Gloster in the 2020 India Auto Expo last month. The car showcased at the Expo had the presence and the color uplifted the character of the vehicle. It is not soon that the spy shots of the car have surfaced. Let us see does MG Gloster has what it takes to rival its competitors?
MG Gloster is based upon a tried and tested the platform in the international market. In the outside markets, it is recognized as the Maxus D90. The car is currently on sale in the Chinese market and soon will be launched in the Domestic Market.
Powertrain and Transmission | MG Gloster
Like international Maxus which comes with exciting engine options, the domestic version might get those carried forward.
MG Gloster comes with two engine options a Petrol and a diesel engine.
- A 2.0-Liter TGi Turbo Petrol engine which produces a healthy 220PS@5500rpm and about 350Nm@4000rpm torque. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual as well as a Tiptronic automatic transmission.
- The Diesel engine shares its underpinnings from the Fiats Multijet 2 engine. This Fiat-sourced engine is said to produce 200+Hp with around 480Nm torque. The engine is more than adequate for the sheer size of the bulky SUV.
Design | Interior and Exterior
- The Flagship SUV from MG gets 3 rows of seats with the quality of the interior to be slightly above Hectors. You can surely expect the rivals like the Ford Endeavor to have a better fit and finish.
- The size of the car is just humongous. The MG Gloster is 5,005mm in length, 1,932mm in width and 1,875mm in height. Making the car even bigger than it’s rivals. The car is even larger than some premium SUVs
- The car at the Expo had 17″ alloy wheels which added the character and right proportions to the car. But the spy car had a tad smaller rims giving the vehicle a disproportionate look. The same was the case with MG’s first car the Hector.
- Rest the ORVM’s look a size big than required but the large windows open up the airy feel inside the cabin.
- Like the Hector MG Gloster is expected to have all the bells and whistles. Additional features include a panoramic sunroof, parallel-parkassist, multi-zone climate control and the connected car tech.
MG Gloster will come in the spot where there already exists a lot of competition. The MG will rival the king of the segment Ford’s Endeavor and Toyota’s Fortuner. MG is set to launch this full-grown SUV somewhere in November this year.
Expected Price: ₹30-₹40Lakhs
Does the third offering from MG have what it takes to let the Ford and Toyota down? Tell us in the comment section.