The all-new Honda Jazz has been in the works for a while now, and Honda has confirmed that the next-gen 2020 Honda Jazz hatchback will be making world premiere at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show in October on its home turf, Japan.
Must Read: The New 5th Gen Honda City | Now BS6 Ready!
2020 Honda Jazz Revealed | Highlights
- The 3rd generation Honda Jazz has been for sale in India since 2015. The Jazz has been Honda’s lowest-priced car since the departure of the Honda Brio.
- The spy shots of the 2020 Honda Jazz reveals a homage back to the second generation of the Honda Jazz with round headlamps (as opposed to the edgy ones) and horizontal tail lamps.
- The Honda Jazz will share the platform with the upcoming 2020 fifth-generation Honda City.
- The Honda Jazz will get a bigger infotainment system, probably borrowed from the Honda Civic.
- It also comes with a new three-spoke steering wheel with contrasting silver elements, with digital dials that seem to be a direct lift from the Civic and a touchscreen infotainment system, navigation, climate control, steering mounted audio controls, cruise control as well as a push-button start.
- Honda will be offering the Jazz in a hybrid set-up. However, the Indian market will be devoid of one.
- The India-bound Honda Jazz will probably get a BS6 compliant 1.2-litre i-VTEC and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine.
- The global version of the Honda Jazz will reportedly get the 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder i-VTEC turbocharged petrol engine that does the duty on the European version of the Honda Civic.
- The 1.0-litre turbo petrol delivers 130ps of power and 200nm of peak torque.
- Ahead of its launch, Honda is also considering to launch a Type-R version of the new 2020 Jazz which will initially support a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine developing 216bhp and 245nm of torque.
- The new Honda Jazz is expected to be launched in India by the end of 2020 or early 2021.
- The 2020 Honda Jazz will be pitched against the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20, Toyota Glanza and the upcoming Tata Altroz.
- The New Honda Jazz will be priced in the range of ₹8.2 to ₹10 lakhs.