Yet again, a test mule of the 5-door Mahindra Thar was spotted testing. But this time, we got to see its interiors. It is already being speculated that Mahindra is already planning to reveal the 5-Door monster on 26th January.
The launch is speculated to be somewhere between April-August 2033. Although, with its launch, it will be a kind of car with no existing rival. However, looking at the future, it is expected to lock horns with the upcoming 5-door Gurkha (Ksatria) and the Maruti Suzuki Jimny.
Are there any major changes on the inside?
- looking at the spy shots, we can see no major changes.
- However, after having a closer look, we did find some minor additions. These include a sunglass holder, a front armrest (which doubles up as a storage compartment) and grab handles on the A-pillars.
- Other than these minor updates, the is as same as the existing 3-door model.
- Although the test mule does not get touchscreen infotainment on display, the 5-door Thar is expected to get an updated touchscreen infotainment system powered by the Mahindra AdrenoX software.
- This means that the 5-door Mahindra Thar will get the same infotainment system as the Mahindra XUV700.
- Other than that, We also expect the boot space to increase by almost 300mm.
- Its longer and more agile wheelbase will the Thar regulate its Breakover angle.
- On the mechanical front, it is expected to get specifications of the current-gen 3-door Mahindra Thar.