Currently, each and every automotive manufacturer in the Indian market is busy coming up with new and updated motorcycles, including TVS. The Indian manufacturer TVS has made its mark along the years and the products line is liked by everyone. This time, TVS comes up with yet another motorcycle ‘Radeon’ with BS6 compliant engine.
The TVS Radeon came in 2018 and silently grabbed a lot of attention. Since then the bike has faired really good for the Indian motorcycle company. The motorcycle focuses on the ride and comfort without compromising the performance while commuting. Here is what has changed in the new Radeon.
The New BS6 Engine and Transmission
Overall the motorcycle got subtle changes in terms of looks, but when it comes to the engine there is a lot of work gone into the development.
- This time around, instead of the carburettor the motorcycle comes with a 109.7cc engine which is fuel injected. The motor produced about 8.2hp of power and 8.7Nm of peak torque.
- The engine comes mated to a 4-speed sequential gearbox for the effortless rides through the city.
- In addition to that, TVS also claims an increased fuel economy of about 15%.
The TVS Radeon comes with 2 variants a special edition ‘Commuter Bike of the Year’ and a normal variant. Both the variants can be differentiated via different paint schemes.
- The Special edition of the motorcycle gets few additional cosmetics changes like chrome rearview mirrors, chrome throttle body cover and chrome exhaust pipe. The new paint scheme in this edition differentiates between the two variants.
- In addition to that, the bike also comes with a USB charging spot, pillion grab rail, and tank pads to avoid scratching the tank.
Though there is a lot of competition in this segment the company has priced the motorcycle aggressively.
- BS6 Base Edition – Rs 58,992
- Commuter Bike of the Year Edition (Drum) – Rs 61,992
- Commuter Bike of the Year Edition (Disc) – Rs 64,992