Chinese automobile giants are planning to release Chinese cars in India. The roll has already started with the SAIC owned MG, who launched the much anticipated MG Hector in India.
Latest News: Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VS 2019 Renault KWID Facelift
- Chinese automobile giants are now keeping a keen eye at the Indian auto industry. The SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) has already stepped into the Indian market with its British subsidiary brand; MG Motors.
- Recent media reports suggest that two major Chinese automotive giants; The Great Wall Motors and Chery are planning a massive entry into the Indian automotive sector.
- According to media reports in 2017, The Chinese brand Chery was planning to enter India and in 2012. Chery entered into a 50:50 joint venture with Tata-owned JLR (Jaguar Land Rover) in China. Various media reports suggest that Tata Motors could help Chery for a smooth entry in the highly competitive Indian auto market.
- Tata Motors is ready to set a benchmark with its upcoming SUV codenamed BlackBird against the Chinese car Chery Tiggo 5X SUV. The reports claim that Tata could utilise the Tiggo’s platform and engine technology for the SUV. The Blackbird is expected to be launched in the Indian market by late 2020 or 2021. Although we can also expect both the Chinese brands to enter our India auto sector by 2021-22.
- Great Wall Motors is also planning to enter India by 2021-22. The Chinese brand shall sell its product under the Haval India Subsidiary which is headquartered in Gurgaon, NCR. According to recent reports, Great Wall is also planning to showcase its model range at the 2020 Auto Expo. Adding further the company also plans to invest ₹7,000 crores in India to set up a mega vehicle manufacturing plant in Gujarat.
- The Gujarat state government has already allocated land to the Great Wall in the Chinese park near the Sanand auto manufacturing zone. The rand has plans to produce conventional fuel-powered vehicles and electric vehicles at the new facility.
[…] You may also like: Chinese Cars To Make It Big In India […]
[…] Suggested Read: Chinese Cars To Make It Big In India […]