With various prominent carmakers have chosen to make their appearance at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020 a miss, a few new players will make up to the missing numbers. Chinese auto giant Great Wall Motors will also be making its first India appearance at the 2020 Auto Expo. Leading sources reveal that another Chinese carmaker will join Great Wall Motors at the show – FAW Haima Automobile.
Suggested Read: Chinese Cars To Make It Big In India
- Haima Automobile which was originally founded in 1988 – is based out of Haikou City in the Hainan Province in China. The word Haima originated by blending the names of the Hainan province in China and Japanese carmaker “Mazda”.
- In the past, Haima Automobile sold rebadged models of the Mazda in China and was eventually taken over by Chinese state-owned First Automobile Works, also known as the FAW Group.
- Until a few years, back most of the models sold by Haima Automobile were based on ageing Mazda platforms, although the Chinese carmaker is now developing its own range of SUVs, MPVs and electric vehicles, based on the (HMGA) Haima Global Architecture platform.
- Haima automobiles recently unveiled its Haima 8S midsize SUV, supports the dimensions and slots of that of the Kia Seltos and MG Hector.
Must Read: Haval H6| The MG Hector Rival Unveiled
- The Haima 8S is supported by a 1.6-litre T-GDI engine producing 193hp and 293Nm of torque, and it’s mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox, giving the 8S a claimed 0-100kph time of under 8sec.
- Up until a few days ago, Haima Automobile also revealed its new MPV – the 7X – at the 2019 Guangzhou Auto Show in China. The Haima 7X is a 7-seater and features a Maserati-Esque grille and the same engine-gearbox combination as that of the 8S SUV.
- Dimension-wise, the Haima 7X is larger than the Toyota Innova Crysta, and is expected will feature a large touchscreen with connected car technology.
- It seems that Haima is also working on rolling out plug-in hybrids and strong hybrids by 2020.