The Chinese-Swedish carmaker Lynk & co is a merger between Chinese Geely and Volvo but majorly owned by Geely since 2010 has recently revealed images of its new SUV-coupe crossover (Codenamed-05) on all leading social media platforms. Sadly, for now, the SUV crossover will be launched in China.
Read More: Volvo Aims to Become Climate Neutral by 2040
We can expect Volvo’s sister brand Lynk & Co to showcase the 05 SUV-coupe with other newcomers such as The Great Wall Motors and FAW Haima Automobiles at the 2020 Auto Expo which is to held from 6-9 February in Delhi.
However, not much is known about the specifications of the Lynk & Co 05 but as per the revealed images, it can be said that the company surely seemed inspired by other European companies in terms of design.
Not to Miss: Volvo XC40 Recharge Launched | First Electric SUV
- Underneath its boxy covers, the new 05 will have a 2.0-litre hybrid engine pushing the power output to 255hp and 350Nm of torque.
- The Lynk & Co 05 will distribute its power evenly to all four wheels through its 8-speed automatic gearbox.
- By the looks of it, the 05 to some eyes looks like a matchbox and surprisingly the 05 based on Volvo’s CMA platform. Stretching it to 4,592mm and a wheelbase of 2,734mm
- On the inside, the interior is dominated by a 12.7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and also features contrasting leather upholstery adding a fine touch to its luxury.
- It clearly seems that the company is all set to target the young audience with its new product. As of now, Lynk & Co cars cannot be outsourced from China. However there have been no official reports or statements of any India specific model, the company does seem interested to expand into Europe with its sister brand Volvo XC40-sized 02 SUV.