Japanese carmaker Honda launched its compact sedan Amaze with an upgraded engine which will support the new BS6 norms which will be mandatory from April 1st.
Honda Amaze will have multiple variants in both petrol and diesel options and all of them are costlier than the BS4 option.
Honda Amaze BS6| Petrol Variants
|E||₹ 5.93 Lakhs||₹ 6.10 Lakhs|
|S||₹ 6.73 Lakhs||₹ 6.82 Lakhs|
|V||₹ 7.33 Lakhs||₹ 7.45 Lakhs|
|S CVT||₹ 7.63 Lakhs||₹ 7.72 Lakhs|
|VX||₹ 7.81 Lakhs||₹ 7.92 Lakhs|
|V CVT||₹ 8.23 Lakhs||₹ 8.35 Lakhs|
|VX CVT||₹ 8.64 Lakhs||₹ 8.76 Lakhs|
Informative Reads: Ford Vs Ferrari | An Epic Rivalry | A True Story
|E||₹ 7.05 Lakhs||₹ 7.56 Lakhs|
|S||₹ 7.85 Lakhs||₹ 8.12 Lakhs|
|V||₹ 8.45 Lakhs||₹ 8.75 Lakhs|
|S CVT||₹ 8.65 Lakhs||₹ 8.92 Lakhs|
|VX||₹8.93 Lakhs||₹9.23 Lakhs|
|V CVT||₹9.25 Lakhs||₹9.55 Lakhs|
|VX CVT||₹ 9.66 Lakhs||₹ 9.96 Lakhs|
Honda Amaze BS6 | Engine Specifications
The engine specifications for Honda Amaze BS6 has not changed at all.
- The 1.2 Litre engine provides 88Bhp and 110Nm torque.
- The 1.5-litre diesel outputs 99bhp and 200Nm of rotational force.
- Both engine options in Honda Amaze get manual transmission as well as CVT.
- The manual transmission diesel engine gets more power and torque than the CVT diesel option.
Read More: How the Consumer Trend For Cars Is Changing in India
Honda Amaze BS6 | Internal / External Features
The car also comes with a myriad of internal and external features which are now a standard for compact sedans. There are no changes in the Honda Amaze BS6 compared to the BS4 one.
- Honda Amaze has a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- It comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support.
- Amaze also has cruise control, LED position lamps and a shark fin antenna to name some other features.
Honda Amaze BS6 | Safety Features
No changes are seen in the safety features of the Honda Amaze BS6 Variants.
- Amaze comes with Anti-Lock Braking system to prevent steering lock while braking.
- It comes with 2 airbags and a crash sensor to compliment them.
- Honda Amaze also gets Electronic Brakeforce Distribution to prevent rolling over at high-speed turns.
The new BS6 honda Amaze will rival newly launched Hyundai Aura, Ford Aspire, Hyundai Accent, Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
Popular Read: The Rise, Fall and Return of the Rotary Engine (Wankel Engine)