HMSI added a new bike to its CB portfolio with the all-new Honda CB500X adventurer tourer with prices starting from ₹6.87 Lakhs (Ex-showroom).
The new edition has been launched under the Big Wing subsidiary. The CB500X run on Indian roads via the CKD route. With that said, Honda has also started taking bookings for the new premium line adventure tourer.
- It takes power from an underpowered 8-valve, liquid-cooled 471cc twin-cylinder engine.
- The engine makes 47bhp at 8,500 rpm and with a peak torque of 43.2 Nm @ 6,500 rpm.
- Additional mechanical features include a standard 6-speed gearbox with a slipper clutch.
What about features?
The new and more premium CB500X features are as follows
- It gets 41mm telescopic forks and Pro-Link rear monoshock offer smooth, extended travel to absorb hits.
- The also features a single front 310mm wavy disc and powerful two-piston brake calliper matched to a 240mm rear disc and single-piston calliper accompanied with dual-channel ABS making the overall braking experience seamless.
- We also get to see a 7.0 inch LCD instrument cluster which shows includes a speedo and rev-counter, dual trip meters, fuel level and consumption gauges and Gear Position and Shift Up indicators.
- There also is a full LED setup located in the centre of the headlights to reduce weight, size and electricity consumption.
What about rivals?
- With its launch, the newly launched Honda CB500X rivals the likes of the Kawasaki Versys 650 and the KTM390 adventure.