So, if you were having trouble booking an appointment to get your HSRP or Colour-Coded stickers online. The Delhi Transport Department has now made the process a lot easier.
According to a senior official from the Delhi Transport Department, The process of booking a high-security registration number plates (HSRP) and colour-coded stickers for vehicles registered before April 2019 have been simplified by doing away with uploading the registration certificate and a one-time password.
In a recent public notice issued by the Delhi Transport Department, has notified that failure to get HSRP and colour coded stickers or third registration mark could lead to hefty penalties under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 and the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
How has the process simplified?
- According to Rosmerta Safety System, the vendor who runs bookmyhsrp.com said, that there is no need to upload a scanned copy of the RC anymore.
- Moreover, the previous seven-step online booking process has been narrowed down to just 5.
- The process of the OTP (One Time Password) has also been removed.
- The process to upload copies of vehicle registration certificates have also been removed.
How to book an appointment for an HSRP?
- You can book your slot through bookmyhsrp.com
- The first step includes picking up your vehicle type, followed by the designated vehicle brand.
- You can select the nearest dealer according to your convenience.
- You also need to enter your vehicle registration number, date of registration, chassis number, engine number, email ID and mobile number before making the payment.
How to book Colour-Coded Stickers?
- The colour-coded stickers can also be booked through the same portal (Link is here)
- The first step involves clicking on the “HSRP 3rd Sticker“.
- Fill in the required details-registration number, engine number, chassis number etc.
- Select the ‘Fuel Type‘ and fill in all the required details before you are redirected to the payment gateway.
What are front and Rear Lasers?
- This is a laser alphanumeric code of minimum 9 digits, etched in the bottom left hand below the Ashok Chakra.
How much do I have to pay to obtain the document?
- You can pay anything between ₹600 to ₹1,100 depending upon the vehicle class.
- The charges for two-wheelers will range between ₹300 to ₹400.
- Although, vehicle owners who already have an HSRP can get the colour coded stickers installed at just ₹100.
What do these colour codes specify?
The colour-codes are meant to identify vehicles based upon their fuel types.
- light-Blue for petrol and CNG vehicles
- Orange for diesel vehicles
What do these stickers bear?
- The designated stickers bear the details including- registration number, registering authority, laser-branded PIN, and engine and chassis numbers of the vehicle.
Suggested Read: BS6 Cars will get a new Green Identification Strip
What are the consequences of not having these documents?
- The fine for not having these documents will range anywhere between ₹5,000-₹10,000.
- The rule is set to come into existence after the round of awareness drives have been conducted, giving ample time to people to get their documents.