So, it’s finally here! Korean auto giant Hyundai has listed its second 7-seater SUV in India (after the Terracan), the Alcazar on its official website. For those of us who still aren’t aware of what the Alcazar is?
The Hyundai Alcazar is the 7-seater version of the brand’s most iconic product in the Indian automobile market and the recently updated ‘Hyundai Creta’. Since its launch in early 2015, the Creta has been a major breadwinner for Hyundai. So it seems that the Alcazar will have some huge shoes to fill!
Still, wondering which was the first 7-seater from Hyundai? Click Here to know more
What will power the Hyundai Alcazar?
- Well, Hyundai is yet to confirm the engine specification. However, rumours suggest that it might get the same specs as the 5-seater cousin the Hyundai Creta.
- As of now, Hyundai offers 3 engine options. 2 petrol and a diesel engine to be precise.
- However, the Alcazar may not get the naturally aspirated petrol engine. But considering the more powerful which is a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine, it is capable of generating 138hp of max power with 242Nm of peak torque.
- This engine could come with either a 6-speed MT or a 7-speed DCT automatic. Not to forget, if it is a DCT you’ll be getting driving modes and different levels of traction control.
What else can we expect from the Hyundai Alcazar, in terms of features?
- Now coming down to the most important part. The new 7-seater from Hyundai will look quite identical to its 5-seater sister, the Creta from the front.
- We can expect additional bells and whistles like a premium sound set-up, wireless connectivity, a 10-inch infotainment system, ambient lighting, panoramic sunroof, and air purifier with perfume dispenser.
When can we expect the Alcazar to be launched?
- Going by certain media reports and speculation. We can expect Hyundai to launch the Alcazar by Q3 of 2021.
- With its launch, it will set its eyes on its perfect rival the 2021 Tata Safari in addition to MG Hector Plus and Mahindra XUV 500.