Hyundai Motors India has discreetly launched the Hyundai Creta 1.6 diesel E+ and EX variants in the Indian market. The Hyundai Creta has been dominating the compact SUV market in India along with Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford Ecosport and the Mahindra XUV300.
Exclusive: New 2020 Hyundai Creta Revealed
However, with the arrival of the Kia Seltos, the sales for the Hyundai Creta has been dropping from an average of 10,000 units/month to an average of about 6,000 units/month.
Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel E and E+ | Highlights
- The Hyundai Creta 1.6-litre U2 CRDi diesel is now available in the lower variants including E+ and EX.
- The prices for the Hyundai Creta 1.6 diesel E starts at 13.64 lakhs whereas the Creta 1.6 diesel E+ starts at 14.88 lakhs. The prices mentioned are ex-showroom.
- Features-wise, there will be NO CHANGES in these new variants and will be same as the Creta 1.6 petrol and 1.4 diesel respectively.
- Earlier, the Creta E and E+ were only available in 1.6 petrol and 1.4 diesel engine variants.
- With this new addition, the Creta is now available in 3 engine options: 1.4 diesel, 1.6 diesel and 1.6 petrol. All these engine options are available with a 6-speed manual or an automatic transmission.
- The Creta 1.6-litre diesel engine is a BS4 compliant unit which delivers 126 hp and 260 nm mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Claimed mileage is 19.67 kmpl (ARAI certified)
- The Creta 1.4 diesel is again a BS4 engine delivering 89 hp and 220 nm using a 6-speed manual transmission. Claimed mileage is 21.38 kmpl.
- The Creta 1.6-litre petrol produces 122 bhp with 151 nm of torque using a 6-speed manual transmission. Claimed mileage is 15.29 kmpl.