Back in 2022, Honda teased its upcoming SUV set to make its debut early this year and keeping up to its promise Honda is all set to launch and make its comeback in the SUV segment with the launch of its compact.
This new compact SUV will rival some of the segment leaders like the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq, MG Astor and the recently launched Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder and Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara.
- As previously said, this will be Honda’s comeback in the SUV segment as its last Suv in the Indian market was the CR-V which was discontinued in 2022 along with the Honda Civic.
- The upcoming Honda SUV is expected to measure around 4.2-4.3 metres in length.
- We can expect Honda to follow the general trend and offer a Hybrid powertrain as well.
- Apart from offering a hybrid option, it will continue to offer the generic 1.5L NA petrol with a 6-speed gearbox.
- Honda is expected to launch the new Creta rival by mid-2023.
- Coming to its design, We can expect the new compact SUV to take its design language from the current gen HR-V.
- Honda also plans to expand its UV range in India which happens to be inspired by other competitors in the Indian market.
- This decision might as well have been taken after observing the latest growth in the SUV segment in recent years.
So, will this new SUV from Honda be able to conquer the Indian UV segment as it did with the launch of the Honda CR-V? let us know in the comment section below.