With its launch, the all-new 2021 Tata Safari has already created quite a buzz! However, it seems that this was not enough for Tata as a fully camouflaged test mule of the recently launched 2021 Tata Safari has been spotted testing.
Going by leading media reports, this test mule could be a limited edition variant. Some also suggest that this could be Tata testing a new powertrain or a drivetrain, for which the possibility is quite scarce but you never know Tata.
What’s under the hood?
- It gets a 2.0-litre Kryotec turbo diesel engine, that puts 170hp of max power and 350Nm of peak torque, the same as on the Tata Harrier.
- Sending power to the front wheels is a 6-speed manual transmission but the car also gets an option of a 6-speed AT torque converter.
- Because the new Safari underpins the Land Rover’s Omega architecture, it is possible that Tata introduces a 4X4 drivetrain in the future.
What’s on the feature end?
- To begin with, we get to see the third row of seat.
- An option of a 6/7 seater.
- Lighter cabin shades for the seats but dark colour for the dashboard.
- Apart from that the overall aesthetics of the interior remains unchanged and is similar to that of the Harrier.
- Nevertheless, the Safari is longer wider taller than the Harrier, which is to accommodate the third row of seats.
- Also, from the front, it looks the same, minus the new grille and slightly changed bumper.
- At the rear, the similarity with the Harrier continues. The taillights though a little different looks similar to a common man’s eye.
How much does it cost?
Tata Safari Prices (Ex-showroom)
|Adventure Edition MT||₹20.20 Lakhs|
|Adventure Edition AT||₹21.45 Lakhs|