Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt Limited (SAVWIPL) has recently achieved a new milestone. The German automotive giant has exported 5,00,000th vehicle from India adding to the brand’s promise towards India 2.0 Initiative.
The milestone vehicle happens to be a left-hand-drive VW Vento built at the brand’s Pune based plant and will be exported to Mexico via Mumbai.
Skoda Auto Volkswagen India currently exports its Made in India cars to over 60 countries across South & Central America, Africa, Southeast Asia, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries and the Caribbean region.
Commenting on the achievement, Managing Director, SAVWIPL added a few points:
- Exports are an integral part of our strategy and achieving five lakh units is a significant milestone for the company.
- The cars produced at our facilities exemplify high-quality standards we pursue globally and in India.
- We continue to export vehicles despite the current challenges in the industry on account of COVID-19 disruptions.
- The brand has plans to produce cars based on the new MBQ A0 IN platform with a high degree of localisation.
- We will also continue to explore export markets for the India 2.0 products.