Skoda boasted on its new sporty sedan Octavia RS245 at the 2020 Auto Expo. The car in the Expo was a standing proud in a blue paint job with diamond cut alloy wheels wrapped with low profile tires. Well, the wait has ended at the beautiful Skoda is now available for deliveries at the dealerships.
As the name suggests this ain’t the regular car form the Skoda Octavia lineup. The car gets an upgraded engine with some changes on the inside. Let’s have a glimpse of what this car exactly is.
Powertrain and Transmission
- Under the hood, RS245 gets only one engine option and only one option for the transmission. So how is it exciting? Let me tell you this isn’t any engine or transmission for that matter.
- To let our hearts pump faster the car comes with a 2.0-Litre TSI engine. 2.0-Litre?? Wait for it. In the heart of the Skoda, the engine produces a pool load of power (242Bhp) and a bucket load of torque(370Nm).
- To get the power on the road the car comes equipped with a 7-speed DSG gearbox with paddle shifters enhancing the sporty appeal even further.
- The car is utterly powerful that the company has electronically limited the speed to about 250kmph.
- The RS245 receives the same contoured and elegant body from the Skoda Octavia with some distinctive elements. These include
- A low profile R18 glossy black 45.72cm dual-tone alloy wheels and wing mirror housing which gives the car a coupe-like drooping silhouette.
- The RS245 sits 15mm lower than conventional Skoda due to sporty chassis and probably upgraded suspension.
- At the rear, the sporty yet elegant style continues with a glossy black spoiler and trapezoidal tailpipes.
- Like the exterior, the interior is also somewhat borrowed from the conventional Skoda Octavia. Though some elements make the RS245 stand out in the crowd and elegant Skoda Octavia.
- For starters, the car gets an all-black interior with a red accent sticking given the car the sporty appeal.
- Skoda Octavia RS245 gets ambient lighting with 10 different color options giving the car the active appeal.
- That doesn’t end there, the car comes with the black Alcantara sports seats with integrated headrest have the RS logo in Bold. In case you forget it is the RS245 you own.
- For comfort, the car comes with 12-way electronically adjustable seats with memory function.
Considering the price the Skoda surely has its rivals but after considering what exactly it can do there is no car that can even touch the RS245. For starters, the car goes from 0-100kmph in just 6.6 seconds.
Click here to know all about Skoda Octavia RS245
Price: ₹35.99Lakhs (ex-showroom)