At last, we finally get to witness the most awaited launch of 2020, The 2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic.
The Skoda Rapid has been a major breadwinner for the German brand in the domestic market. The Latest Iteration of the mid-size sedan was launched a few months back and garnered a huge number of booing within a month of its launch.
So much so, that the brand had to halt the bookings and introduced a new entry-level variant to suffice the need. It was pretty evident that the popularity of the Rapid led the brand to introduce it in an AT form.
You can book the new automatic variant via the brand’s official website by paying a token amount of Rs 25,000. The new 2020 Rapid AT can also be booked by visiting the brand’s authorised dealership at the same price.
What are the changes on the Engine front?
- The 2020 Skoda Rapid automatic will come powered by the same 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine, churning 110hp with 175Nm of peak torque.
- The new automatic variant comes paired to a conventional automatic 6-speed torque converter.
- Compared to the previous-gen, the new Rapid offers 5% upsurge in power and a 14% increase in torque. The fuel efficiency has also increased by over 9%.
Are there any other major changes on the Rapid TSI AT?
- Apart from the major transmission update, the Rapid will feature some minor upgrades including trunk spoiler, rear diffuser, LED DRLs and clubber alloy wheels.
- Apart from these upgrades, everything is expected to remain the same offered with its predecessor.
- With its launch, the new Skoda Rapid automatic will continue to rival the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the VW Vento.
How much will I have to pay?
Variant-Wise Price (Ex-Showroom All-India)
|Rapid Rider Plus AT||₹ 9,49,000|
|Ambition AT||₹ 11,29,000|
|Onyx AT||₹ 11,49,000|
|Style AT||₹ 12,99,000|
|Monte Carlo||₹ 13,29,000|