Geneva motor show 2019, witnessed the very first sight of Tata HBX- concept. HBX is a micro SUV from India’s very own SUV maker Tata motors. Although if we closely observe the HBX- concept, we may discover that design is quite fanatic and not very easy to manufacture, still the Production-spec HBX is nearly alike to its concept. Let’s pay a closer look to the car.
Tata HBX | Engine and transmission
- The HBX micro SUV is powered by a BS-VI compliant 1.2 L 3 cylinder Revotron petrol engine, possibly borrowed from Tata’s Tigor/ Tiago.
- Maximum power is 85 ps and maximum torque will be 115 Nm.
- 5- Speed manual transmission.
- we may expect an automatic transmission option.
- Automatic climate control.
- Steering mounted audio controls.
- Partially digital 7.0-inch instrument cluster.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support
- Flat bottom steering unit.
- Chunky, all-terrain tyres.
- LED DRLs.
- Sleek headlamps.
- Flat bonnet structure.
- LED tail-lamps.
- Alloy wheels
Pricing & Rivals
The expected price is somewhere between ₹ 4.5 Lacs and ₹ 8 Lacs, but it’s better to wait for the official announcement from Tata motors. With its launch, the Tata HBX will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Mahindra KUV100 and the Suzuki Ignis urban SUV.