It came sooner than expected, Tata Motors is all set to introduce a new car in its limited-edition Dark form. It started with the Tata Harrier and its time for the Tata Nexon and the Altroz to join the league. The soon to launch Tata Nexon and Altroz Dark Edition has been spied at selected dealerships.
Any change on the mechanical front?
- leading media reports suggest that the Tata Nexon Dark Edition will be offered with the same 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine.
- Both the engine produces 118bhp/170Nm torque and 108bhp/260Nm of peak torque respectively.
- While transmission options include a standard 6-speed manual as well as an optional AMT gearbox.
- While the Altroz will also offer the same 1.2-litre petrol/turbo and a 1.5-litre diesel unit.
Must Read: Tata Motors to offer Dark and Camo Edition across all-models
So what’s new on the feature end?
- On the outside, the Tata Altroz Dark edition gets a glossy black paint job. However, apart from this all seems to be the same.
- On the inside, it gets the same all-black treatment.
- Moving on to the Nexon, We get to see India’s first 5-star safety rated SUV getting an all-black paint job.
- However, the only additional feature in the dark edition is the ‘Dark’ badging and the recently updated all-black 5-spoke alloy wheels.