Tata Nexon was spotted on the streets of India and despite heavy camouflage, it was spotted with an emission testing kit akin to a BS6 engine.
Tata Nexon EV variant: Tata Nexon EV | Debut Soon?
As was the sides were not as heavily camouflaged as the front it is expected to not have a lot of difference from its already available variant.
- The front of the Tata Nexon BS6 variant is expected to probably have some heavy changes.
- Double barrel headlamps with sleeker design along with fog light enclosure give it a sporty look.
- From what can be deduced the front of Tata Nexon BS6 Variant appears less curvy than normal.
- As the interior is not yet spied or revealed it is not expected to have any major changes expect some minor cosmetic changes.
- With a BS6 engine, the power figures are expected to be more or less same and not have a really big difference except BS6 being less efficient.
- The current Tata Nexon has a 1.2-Liter Revotron engine turbo petrol engine reaching a peak of 170Nm torque.
- The Diesel version has better top speed overall compared to the petrol version.
Tata Nexon needed a change after its market was cut short by the launch of Mahindra XUV300 and Ford Ecosport and this new facelift is a change which can help them get a hold of the market again.
- It is also expected to uphold the same safety standards as they had earlier.
- Tata Nexon is also expected to have the same transmission system as the currently available variant including 6-MT and 6-AMT.
Doubts about BS6?: BS6 (Bharat Stage 6) | Explained
The Tata Nexon BS6 variant facelift is proposed to be ready for launch in Jan 2020. However, as it is not confirmed they could possibly change it to showcase at Auto Expo in February then launch it at a later date.