Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) was said to have considered postponing country’s major automobile show, Auto Expo in the year 2020. It may have been shifted by a year, all the credit goes to the almost year-long slowdown in the automobile industry.
Suggested Read: Auto Expo 2020 | Honda, Toyota, BMW, Ford, Jeep, Fiat To Skip
- The economic crisis, the crisis in the non-banking financial sector, insurance prices rise due to change in regulations, safety and BS6 emissions norms all went hand-in-hand leading to the worst crisis automobile sector in the country would have faced.
Testing Is On! Kia QYI Sub-Compact SUV Spied Testing in Delhi
- At a SIAM event, Rajan Wadhera, president, SIAM, said,” You have to take calls when there is de-growth. Obviously, there is an introspection – should we or should we not. Collectively, most of us (members of SIAM) thought that it is wiser to go ahead with the Auto Expo than to postpone it by one year. We were thinking of postponing it by one year, but then we decided that we will go-ahead.” Thus there is no need to worry as the 15th Auto Expo will be held as per the previous schedule, i.e., from February 7-12, 2020, at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- The move of postponing would have been an ill turn for the country as the commitments with the International brands had already been made a long time ago. SIAM has stated that it still believes that although the industry is in distress, Auto Expo 2020 is a platform for companies to showcase new cars in order to lure the customers into buying them.
Also Read: Hyundai Elite i20 to Skip Auto Expo?
- Auto Expo 2020 is themed for mobility. Many companies are going to showcase their EV cars at the Auto Expo 2020. The event is surely going to be studded by electric vehicles.
- Kia Motors is also going to unveil QYI and Carnival at the event. Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch EV variant of one of their top-selling cars, Wagon-R. MG Motors will be revealing Maxus D90, premium SUV to the Indian audience at the show.
- Auto Expo 2020 will surely be a feast to the eyes for car lovers as well as may prove to be a turning point for the automobile companies.
Don’t Miss! Kia Carnival Now Listed On Official Website!