It seems that Tata Motors is upto something! You ask why? recently Tata motors have shared some images of what we expect to be the 2020 Tata Nexon DCT.
Its not news that Tata has been working on the Nexon DCT for a while now, as the rumoured test mule of the DCT variant has been spotted a couple of times being tested on Indian roads.
The teaser image does not reveal any major details except a saying “3 days to go stay tuned for the #Nexlevel.
Will there be any major changes on the mechanical front apart from the transmission update?
- The new Tata Nexon DCT will continue to offer 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol unit and 1.5-litre turbocharged Revotorq Diesel motor.
- Both the engines produce 118bhp with 170Nm of peak torque and 108bhp with 260Nm of peak torque respectively.
- In terms of transmission options, we will get to see the standard 6-speed manual, 6-speed MT and the new DCT gearbox.
Will there be any other updates on the Tata Nexon DCT (feature-wise)?
- Everything is expected to remain the same in terms of styling and its design on the Tata Nexon DCT.
What about its Price & Rivals?
- We expect the new Nexon DCT to sit on top of the line with a set of Rs. 12 lakhs (Ex-showroom).
- When launched, the new DCT variant will continue to lock its horns with the Ford Ecosport, Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Mahindra XUV300.
- It will also lock its horns with the upcoming Kia Sonet, Nissan Magnite, Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Renault Kiger.