After the Maruti Suzuki Brezza and the Baleno, it’s time for another car to get rebadged. this time it’s the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
New spy shots of a new Toyota badged grille has been spied which is rumoured to be of the rebadged Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. Some reports also suggest that the new Ciaz will replace the already existing Toyota Yaris.
This has been made possible due to an agreement that allows both the carmaker to share certain models. With that said, Toyota has already rebadged the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Brezza in the form of the Toyota Glanza and the Urban Cruiser.
The next product under the JV could be the rebadged MS Ciaz and just like others, the new Ciaz will feature a few minor cosmetics updates. We might also get to see some additional changes such as new alloy wheels and redesigned interiors.
Will it receive a new engine?
- Going by reports, it will retain the same 1.5L K15B petrol engine boosted with Suzuki’s SHVS mild-hybrid technology.
- This engine makes 104bhp and 138Nm of torque while mated to a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic.
What about prices and rivals?
- The re-badged version of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is also expected to replace the existing mid-sized sedan from Toyota, the Yaris.
- Talking about pricing the new Ciaz is also expected to be priced slightly premium.
- With its launch, the new mid-size sedan will lock its horns against the Honda City and the Hyundai Verna.