German automobile major Volkswagen has recently released some new details and have partially revealed their new upcoming India-bound Kia Seltos and Hyundai Creta rival the VW Nivus compact SUV. However, the VW group will fist introduced the Taigun based SUV in South America before its Asian debut.
Although this is a partial reveal still, it tends to give us hints of the model’s design, which for an obvious reason seems to be similar to that of the Volkswagen Taigun SUV which is set to break its cover by the end of this year. Interestingly it will also be the VW first car to feature the brand’s new logo.
Read More: Indian-spec VW Taigun to feature Play infotainment system
Volkswagen Nivus | Engine Specifications
- The Volkswagen Nivus shares the brands MQB A0 platform which not only underpins the Taigun but is also seen in the current-gen Polo sold internationally as well as the Virtus sedan which is also expected to hit Indian shores in the coming months.
- According to leading media reports, the Volkswagen Nivus could feature a 1.0 TSI engine. With a six-speed automatic, it will offer 126 horsepower (94 kilowatts), but the crossover will also get a six-speed manual that will make 114 hp (85 kW). Regardless of powertrain, the Nivus will be front-wheel drive.
- This sub-compact coupé crossover will also feature the same wheelbase of 2,560mm as of the Polo, meaning that till possibly be 90mm shorter than the T-Cross.
Volkswagen Nivus | Interior & Exterior
- Well, this should not come to us as a surprise that the Nivus SUV will retain many of its internal and external characteristics from the Taigun SUV. However, the Nivus will also be the first SUV-crossover to feature an all-new 8.0-inch ‘Play’ infotainment system
- Furthermore, we can also this SUV crossover to support some best in class features such as adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, adaptive autopilot system and an automatic post-collision braking feature.