Hyundai Motors India has announced that the 2020 Hyundai Creta has clocked-in a total of 55,000 bookings since its launch. HMIL also informed that deliveries for the 2020 Creta have also crossed the 20,000 mark.
Did the Coronavirus Pandemic have any effect on the initial sales?
- The 2020 Creta was launched just a week before the nation-wide lockdown and although the sales did take a hit in April, it still managed to get it back on track from May 2020.
- Hyundai manages to sell 3,212 units of the Creta making it the top-selling passenger vehicle of India in May 2020.
- In the following months, we did see a slight shuffle in the sales as the Creta was pushed down to the second spot in June by the Maruti Suzuki Alto with almost 7,207 units sold.
- The figures are still no match to the 10,000 plus figure the previous-gen procured in the same month last year.
- Although these figures still hold a positive trend considering the current situation and the slow economy.
Why is the 2020 Hyundai Creta Diesel the most popular variant?
- With all major automobile manufacturers shedding their diesel line-up the, Hyundai is one of the few trying to push the dividends for the domestic market with its Diesel engine in the mid-size SUV segment.
- Out of the overall bookings, over 60% of them has been for its diesel variant.
- It comes equipped with a 1.5-litre diesel engine capable of generating 115hp@4000rpm with 250 Nm of peak torque @1500-2750rpm.
- The 2020 Creta diesel comes mated to a standard 6-speed manual transmission and an optional torque convertor automatic gearbox reserved for the top-spec variants.
- It is offered in 5-trim levels- E, EX, S, SX, SX(O).
- Hyundai also claimed that the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol churning 140hp while paired to a DCT auto transmission has also been received well.
Want to know more about the 2020 Hyundai Creta Click Here.