Czech Automaker Skoda showcased the upcoming Octavia premium sedan at the recently held Auto Expo 2020 and had also planned to launch it in April 2020 but accounting the nationwide lockdown due to the on-going Coronavirus pandemic these plans seem to have failed miserably and now Skoda India has decided to postpone the launch to 2021.
As per Skoda India, Director, Zac Hollis “the fourth generation Octavia will be launched in India in 2021. The launch is likely to have been delayed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The company launched the Octavia RS 245 in India back in February this year, which is based on the previous-gen model”
Read More: 2020 Skoda Karoq | Now open for bookings
2020 Skoda Octavia | Engine Specifications
- The new Škoda Octavia will be based on Volkswagen’s MQB (Modular Querbaukasten) platform that will give the Octavia more cabin space.
- The 2020 Octavia will come with 3 engine options; a 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre turbo-petrol TSI engines and a 2.0-litre TDI turbo-diesel. Škoda might also offer a mild-hybrid engine. Both these engines are expected to be BS6 compliant.
- Both the petrol engine will get a 7-speed DSG, except for the diesel engine which comes with a 6-speed manual and an optional AWD.
2020 Skoda Octavia | Interior & Exterior
- On the face, the 2020 Škoda Octavia features a split-type dashboard console with many separations at every end.
- The new Octavia will take major design cues from its elder more premium brother the Škoda Superb. The Škoda Octavia also gets a new grille very similar to the Superb.
- First and foremost, Škoda has got rid of the split-type headlamps in place of a single LED adaptive headlamps.