The German carmaker Audi started 2021 with a woosh. Today, they launched one of the anticipated premium sedan A4. In the automotive tradition, cars tend to go expensive with a slight change in cosmetics and this is no different but also with an engine change. Talking about the launching price, the new 2021 facelift Audi A4 starts at ₹42.34 Lakhs (ex-Showroom).
In 2021 Audi with the launch of A4 facelift has reciprocated that they are no behind and have a range of vehicles ready to be launched in their pipeline. For now, sticking to the A4 facelift, it is more than just cosmetic changes.
The new 2021 Audi A4 along with the new front and rear end get a bigger and more powerful 2.0-litre TFSI engine. Just for you to know, the 2.0-litre diesel and the 1.4-litre turbo petrol motors are histories now.
2021 Audi A4, The Desired Facelift?
The newly launched A4 gets a myriad of changes over the already mentioned cosmetic and powertrain upgrades. So, to have a deeper look here are the listed changes in the new sedan.
- Staring the A4 from the front, the vehicle gets a redesigned grille and upgraded all-LED headlights. Well, these new LEDs bring the sedan in line with the new Audi’s theme.
- The same does duties when viewing the sedan from the rear as it gets redesigned taillights.
- On the inside, there are subtle changes that are noticeable to keen eyes. Starting from the driving seat, the steering now is more elegant than sporty.
- Boasting the top speed of 241kmph is an all-digital instrument cluster which is a considerable upgrade over the previous analogue cluster.
The Engine and Transmission Options
As said earlier the 2021 Audi A4 gets a new bigger and more frugal turbo petrol engine. This is done by side lining the diesel motor. Speaking of which,
- The new motor is a 2.0-litre petrol motor that is capable of generating a max power of 190bhp and a peak torque of 320Nm.
- This decent motor propels this saloon from 0-100kmph in about 7.3 seconds.
- The turbo petrol motor transfers the power to the front wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
- This is the only needle in the haystack as its rivals are more driver-oriented as they are rear-wheel drive. Also, you cannot bring the car’s back out.
2021 Audi A4 Prices and Variants
The new 2021 Audi A4 facelift comes in two variants,
- Premium Plus: ₹42.34 Lakhs
- Technology: ₹46.67 Lakhs
Well, these prices line in sync with its German rivals like the BMW 3 series and also the Indian owned Jaguar XE. Besides, the other two are more focused on the seat behind the wheel.