MG, the Chinese owned British carmaker is witnessing decent success in the Indian market lately. Be it cars with an IC engine or the EV. Speaking of which, MG has recently given the ZS EV its first update. This update majorly includes a better battery than before.
What are the changes in the updated MG ZS EV?
Being a mid-life update, the 2021 MG ZS EV gets fairy minor and subtle changes inside out or rather only inside, that too undenied the vehicle.
- New to the package is an upgraded battery which is rated at 44.5 kWh (same as before)
- But the new battery boasts of a claimed range upwards of 400kms.
- The carmaker earlier stated that their batteries are rigorously tested under the various harsh condition to check the reliability. Same is the case with the 2021 ZS EV.
- When driving with care MG claims that the average range of the vehicle is from 300kms to 400kms.
- And yes the batteries are reliable.
Though the battery rating remains the same it does offer a better range than before.
What is the MG ZS EV Like?
Like before the 2021 MG ZS EV comes powered by a permanent magnet synchronous motor that is capable of generating 142.7ps of max power. Also, it is a front-wheel-drive vehicle.
- This motor is capable of generating the same torque of 353Nm. That said, being an electric car, it does not possess a transmission.
- Because of an upgraded motor the claimed range has gone up to 419kms over the former 340kms.
- Besides, it also gets KERS that can help regain some of its charges.
- The 44.5 kWh battery can be changed from 0-80% in just 50mins using a 50kW DC fast charger.
- You can also charge the vehicle via the 15A conventional three-pin charger that will take somewhere between 16-18hrs to get the full juice.
Additionally, the MG ZS EV continues to get almost all the luxury features that one would expect from a ₹22Lakhs vehicle.
MG ZS EV Prices and Rivals
Considering the price, the ZS EV straight pitches the Hyundai Kona that is a little low on power but offers almost the same range. One has to note that the MG ZS EV is priced lower when considering the Kona.
That said, MG’s EV is currently offered in only two trims, Excite and Exclusive.
A thing to note is that MG may launch a Petrol version of the SUV in India this year. Stay tuned for more news on everything automotive in India.
Interesting Read: MG ZS EV Further Expands its Legs | Now in 10 More Cities across India
- Excite Variant: ₹20.99 lakh (ex-showroom)
- Exclusive Variant: ₹24.18 lakh (ex-showroom)