Chinese owner British carmaker MG launched its first electric vehicle, the MG ZS EV back in January 2020. With its launch, the first electric car from the British carmaker was doing pretty well until Tata came out with the Tata Nexon.
However, it was previously speculated that MG was planning upon launching a combustion engine variant and this indeed came true when ZS was spotted testing back in December 2020 which missed out on the EV tag.
Since then there have been many instances where the petrol variant has been spied testing on Indian roads. MG is calling the petrol variant, The MG Astor. Now, new spy shots have emerged revealing new details.
What are the new updates?
- New spy images reveal how the interior of the new MG ZS or Astor will look like.
- As seen in the spy shots, the MG ZS will boast a fully digital instrument cluster.
- The instrument cluster consists of two circular dials divided by a horizontal coloured MID.
- Other highlights on the inside include- multi-functional three-spoke steering wheel, touchscreen infotainment system, diagonal AC vents and silver inserts running along with the dashboard.
What’s under the hood?
- We can expect the MG Astor to feature a 1.5L 4-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol and an optional 1.3-litre turbocharged petrol.
- Both the engine generates 120bhp and a peak torque of 150 Nm and 163bhp and 230Nm of torque respectively.
- It is also speculated to feature a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol unit which more powerful than that of the Hyundai Creta.