So, It’s finally here, Czech automobile manufacturer Skoda has unveiled the 2021 iteration of the Fabia hatchback. This is the fourth generation of the hatchback since its first launch 22 years ago.
The next-gen Skoda Fabia is slated to launch in September 2021. However, the only sad part is that we will not be seeing the Fabia on Indian shores as Skoda’s Head of Sales and Marketing, Zac Hollis confirmed that they have no plans upon launching the Fabia in India.
Compared to the previous generations the Skoda Fabia has grown in size and now stands 4,108 mm in length, 1,780 mm in width and has a wheelbase of 2,564 mm. It also holds a boot space of 380-litre boot space. The boot space can be extended by folding the rear seats.
What’s new on the outside?
- Talking about the design element, the new Fabia looks sharper and features an LED headlamp setup with integrated DRLs.
- We also Skoda’s signature front grille with chrome surrounds and black and orange ORVMs.
- On the rear, we have two part LED tail lights with Skoda’s crystalline elements.
- Skoda is also offering 18-inch alloy wheels with higher trims. while the lower trims get 14 and 15-inch steel wheels.
What’s new on the inside?
- On the inside, we get to see a multifunctional 2-spoke steering wheel, dual-tone interior, armrest and circular AC vents which orange inserts.
- There also sits a fully digital instrument cluster, a massive touchscreen infotainment system.
- The 9.2-inch infotainment is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It is also equipped with gesture and voice control.
- Other features include ambient lighting, auto climate control and premium upholstery.
What’s on the mechanical front?
- The new Skoda Fabia will be offered with 3 engine options
- A 1.0-litre, three-cylinder MPi unit producing 64 BHP or 78 BHP and 93 Nm while mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
- 1.0-litre, three-cylinder TSI engine with two states of tune and generates 92hp with 175 Nm of peak torque while paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- The 6-speed manual and 7-speed DSG produces 106hp with 200 Nm of peak torque.
- The third option consists of the 1.5-litre, four-cylinder TSI engine.
- This unit produces 146hp and 250Nm of peak torque while paired to a 7-speed DSG as standard.