The place of an iconic motorcycle was empty for a while, until now. Recently Suzuki teased the legendary motorcycle Hayabusa for 2021. After scouting for details about the bike, we may expect it to be more of an update than a generation change.
We can witness the new Suzuki Hayabusa on 5th February 2021.
That said, skimming the surface, the teased motorcycle had headlight similar to that of the previous version but was LED.
Moving on, let’s allow the kid inside ourselves jump with joy. Here is what we think the new Suzuki Hayabusa may boast of:
After numerous replays of the teaser, we may assume that the new Suzuki Hayabusa has changed very little. Slipping into a new decade, the new Hayabusa has gone on a diet as it looks a little slim and less bulky than before.
Also, to retain the Busa factor, Suzuki has slightly tweaked the design of the motorcycle. This includes:
- A sleeker front fairing with LED headlights that looks a little futuristic.
- At the rear, again, the motorcycle gets an all-LED theme with a thin but elegant tail.
Feature Packed Instrument Cluster
Speaking of the instrument cluster, again, the basic structure remains the same with changes in the font and an addition of a small LCD screen between the dials.
- Boasting the ultimate power, the rider is cruising at a speed of around 299kmph on a banked road in the teaser.
- We also know that the stock motorcycle will be electronically restricted to 300kmph. This is because of the Gentleman’s Agreement.
- Boasting of the technology, the new 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa will have Lean angle indicator and different modes for:
- Traction control
- Quick shifter
The Powerhouse Between the Legs
Suzuki Hayabusa in its 2021 avatar will possibly get the same 1.3-litre 4 cylinder petrol motor.
- But the thing that may vary is the power output. For you to know, earlier this 4 cylinder engine produced a whopping 200hp of max power and 155Nm of peak torque.
- Setting the power down was a 6-speed gearbox. This is precisely what we can expect from the new Busa but with an addition of quick shifter.
- Also, there is speculation that the engine may be offered with a DCT automatic transmission.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa: Prices and Launch Date
I’m afraid for this we again have to go back to the teaser. The Suzuki Hayabusa will go live globally on 5th February 2021. Also, we can expect the motorcycle to be priced upwards of ₹20 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
Now the question comes, does the motorcycle have any rivals? Let us know in the comment section below.
Interesting Read: 10 Made-In-India Cars That Are Sold Globally