The British motorcycle giant ‘Triumph’ unveiled its powerful naked motorcycle Speed Triple 1200 RS a few days back. And today the motorcycle is finally ready to hit the showrooms. Talking about the launching price, the Speed Triple 1200 RS is available at a jaw-dropping price of ₹16.95 lakhs (ex-showroom). This makes the 2021 Triumph Speed Triple the most expensive naked motorcycle in the manufacturer’s line-up.
What’s new in the 2021 alteration of Triumph Speed Triple RS?
Starting with the basics, the new 2021 Triumph Speed Triple is a drastic and dramatic upgrade over the older Speed Triple. In simple terms, the bike is completely new.
Upgrades in the inline 3-cylinder engine
The heart of the motorcycle now is greater in terms of capacity and overall performance.
- Talking about the numbers, now the Triumph Speed Triple gets 1160cc motor that is capable of generating a mouth-watering peak power of 180ps.
- Also, the max twist is 125Nm that comes in the higher spectrum of the rev range.
- The two figures are a considerable upgrade over the previous engine that had a displacement of 1050cc.
- From this powerful motor, the power is transferred to the rear wheels via a 6-speed shifter that obviously comes with a quick shifter.
Safety features in the new Speed Triple
Packing a lot of punch, the motorcycle does demand some experience from the rider. That said, the Speed Triple has got some of it covered as it gets:
- 5 Riding modes (Rain, Road, Sport, Track and Rider)
- ABS and Cornering ABS
- Traction control, that varies with learning angles.
- Also, the motorcycle gets cruise control as standard.
The new motorcycle from Triumph is Feature Loaded!
The 2021 edition of the Triumph Speed Triple gets the new company’s ‘My Connectivity’ feature. The details of which can be accessed via a 5-inch TFT display. This is where the rider is pampered with:
- Turn by turn navigation
- Go-Pro connectivity
- Keyless ignition and steering lock
- With a new keyless fuel filler cap.
Are there any Rivals? NAH!
Considering the price, which is a whooping ₹16.95 lakhs (ex-showroom), the buyer of the Speed Triple has to have some love for Triumph or should be into biking. With that, this motorcycle from Triumph is next to a free bird as it does not have any rival to compete with, ‘as of now’.
Weird but Okay! Tata Altroz or Triumph Street Triple R: Comparo That No One Asked For!
Also, know that Triumph Motorcycles Launches Online Bike Customization