Yesterday seemed to be the day we all might have been waiting for long! Volkswagen finally revealed its brand new SUV line-up for India which includes- 2021 T-Roc, Taigun and the Tiguan.
However, during the event, Volkswagen also hinted that the brand might be introducing the next generation of the car which badly needs a facelift, Any guess? Well, it’s the Volkswagen Polo.
According to Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen India, has said, “If you come to India (and) want to be successful in hatchbacks, you have to be a sub-4 metre.”
What’s under the hood?
- The new-gen Polo will be based on the brands latest MQB- A0 IN platform.
- The new Polo will be launched under the India 2.0 strategy.
- It will come powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder (TSI) turbocharged petrol engine churning 110ps of power and 175Nm of torque.
- It is also speculated that the brand could also launch a CNG variant of the infamous hatchback.
Anything new on the feature end?
- Visually the next-gen Polo will be the same as the current euro spec model.
- The euro spec has been on sale since 2017 but due to reasons unknown, we never got to see it until this year.
- We can expect to see some out of the box features as seen on the euro spec.
- We can also expect to see a 10-inch infotainment system accompanied by wireless connectivity, auto climate control, dual-tone interior and a multifunctional steering wheel.
- With its launch, the new Polo will rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Tata Altroz.