Its Confirmed! Honda will sell the 4th-Gen Honda City alongside its latest iteration the 5ft-gen City sedan. Additionally, the previous-gen City sedan will now be available in only two variants- SV and V. Both the variants are now priced at Rs. 9.29 lakhs and Rs. 9.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.
Speaking on this development, Mr Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President and Director, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd added a few points about the City sedan.
- The 5th gen City sedan has already created a new benchmark of its own in the mid-size sedan segment.
- The brand will continue to sell the 4th Generation City sedan in its base form-SV and V, as it is still one the most popular BS-6 compliant model till date.
- This decision will ensure that the City brand is available to wider set of customers in terms of trims and different price points in the mid-size sedan segment.
What powers the 4th gen Honda City?
- It features a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol compliant to the BS6 emission norms.
- The engine churns 117hp 6,600rpm with 145 Nm of peak torque @ 4,600 rpm
- The revised transmission options include a standard 5-speed manual gearbox only.
- It also features a single overhead cam (SOHC) valve train unlike the new City’s DOHC setup.
Must Read: Old Honda City Vs New 2020 Honda City1