Datsun to date has struggled in the Indian automotive market. It made an entry in India with small cars. Namely, Redi-Go, Go and Go-Plus. The manufacturer is trying to approach the Indian market this season when new emission norms come into play. Does the new Datsun have what it takes to rival its competition?
Current Datsun Redi-GO is in the Indian market for about 4 years. The old Redi-GO was supposed to rival against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Alto, Hyundai Santro. Now Datsun’s Redi-GO facelift was spied testing on road in order to rival the same.
BS4 Datsun Redi-GO is powered by two petrol engines and it is expected that they’ll be getting the same engines but BS6 compliant with slight tweaks in power figures.
- Redi-GO was powered by an 800cc (54ps power, 72Nm torque) petrol engine.
- Another engine is a 1-litre (68ps power, 91Nm torque) petrol engine.
The engines are mated to two transmission options. A 5-speed manual transmission and an AMT- gearbox.
The features that might be available in Redi-GO are.
- In the camo, new Redi-GO is expected to get a re-designed front bumper and a read bumper giving the vehicle a slight sporty appeal.
- The new bumpers also might comply with the new pedestrian safety norms which will be implemented from October this year.
- The car is expected to get a slightly upmarket cabin than before which includes better use of material inside the vehicle.
- Some features might make an entry in the Datsun such as a touch screen infotainment system and redesigned instrument cluster.
Also Read: BS6 (Bharat Stage 6) | Explained
The new Datsun Redi-GO has to pull up its sleeves in order to make a mark in the market. The competition in this segment is full of big players such as recently launched Maruti Suzuki S-Presso and Hyundai Santro.