Italian luxury sports car manufacturer, Ferrari has unravelled its plans to launch its first-ever SUV, Purosangue, or FUV, as the marketing team of the company likes to call it. As it will be the first SUV from the brand shows that Ferrari has understood the market’s need for performance SUVs.
Know More About The History: Ford Vs Ferrari | An Epic Rivalry | A True Story
- Purosangue will share its underpinning with the Ferrari Roma GT, a report from AutoExpress reveals. Roma GT was recently revealed by Ferrari.
- Roma GT comes equipped with a twin-turbo V8 engine. There is no option of plug-in hybrid or mild hybrid yet as the company is still developing technology that can cope up with the racing fame prancing horses have earned.
Know Why! Ferrari Late To The Electric Party
- The V8 engine powered Roma GT can go from nothing to 100kmph in just 3.4secs. The engine is expected to be paired with an 8-speed DCT gearbox.
- The FUV is expected to use an adapted version of the modular, multi-material, front-engined platform which was used on the Roma introduced by Ferrari, earlier this year.
- Ferrari’s chief technology officer Michael Lieters explained that the platform is four-wheel drive compatible and can boast company’s V6, V8 and V12 engines.
- The 3855cc V8 engine is capable of producing a 612bhp of power and a 720NM of peak torque.
- These can be expected in the Ferrari Purosangue which will be revealed in 2021.
- Ferrari’s Chief Marketing Officer Enrico Galliera also stated that the company is working on a hypercar which can be expected to launch after 2020. He also hinted that the power output will beat that of the SF-90 plug-in hybrid’s 986bhp.
Learn New Things every day! FWD vs RWD vs AWD vs 4WD | Car Drivetrains Explained
- Ferrari Purosangue will rival against Aston Martin DBX, Bentley Bentayga, Lamborghini Urus and Rolls-Royce Cullinan, although the company has stated that the luxury of the FUV will be unmatched by any of the current offerings in the segment by other companies.