Ford, the American car manufacturer is known for tweaking its lineup here in India. Now, after slashing the prices of the Ford Ecosport and adding new features to various trims, the company may launch a new SE variant of the SUV.
That said, this new SE variant of the Ecosport will not have a tail-mounted spare wheel. Well, this is done after the new rule, where the spare wheel in a vehicle is not mandatory. So, like the international spec Ecosport, the SE will get a tyre puncture kit with the vehicle.
What are the changes in the Ford Ecosport SE trim?
After scouting the image for details, in the new Ecosport SE, we can exclaim that it gets few subtle yet noticeable changes. Let’s start from the rear;
- With no spare wheel, the number plate has been shifted from the bumper to the tailgate This makes the tailgate lighter and a little easy to use.
- The new number plate housing now gets a prominent chrome garnish that adds a premium touch to the cabin.
- Also, the SE trim gets a silver faux plate on the bumper at the back.
Rest, the Ecosport remains the same in and out.
What is the Ford Ecosport like?
Apart from the changes, the rest of the things in this subcompact SUV are constant. That means it gets;
- A decent infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
- Sunroof from the Titanium variant.
- Behind the wheel, Ecosport is a typical Ford. Which means it is really fun to drive.
- Also, the ride quality of the Ecosport still and will be one of the best in the segment if not the best.
Powering the Ecosport will be two engines, 1.5-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel. The petrol is capable of generating 121ps of max power. Whereas the diesel engine is healthy enough to produce 100ps of maximum power.
Ford Ecosport and its rivals
Like the existing Ford Ecosport, it will compete against all some really hot-selling SUVs in the segment like Hyundai venue, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV 300 and more. Also, the new Ford Ecosport in its SE trim will be available alongside its conventional model and is likely to be priced a little low.