The Indian motorcycle manufacturer Hero Moto Corp is enthusiastic in breaking new records and creating a new history. With that, 21st January 2021 is the day when Hero achieves another unforgettable milestone. Today this motorcycle manufacturer rolls out its 100 millionth two-wheeler.
Additionally, to mark this wonderful and proud moment, Hero Motor Corp innovatively announced its achievement by organizing a race between 3 of its major manufacturing facilities. Well, it was about speed but surely not on the tarmac but the manufacturing pace. Eventually, it came down to which among the manufacturing plants will produce the 100 Millionth motorcycle.
Everything About the Event
Complementing the occasion, Hero Moto Corp’s CMD Pawan Munjal along with the various Bollywood stars including Shahrukh Khan witnessed the event live on the scene.
- Participating in this race were 3 plants among the 8 state of the art manufacturing facilities across the globe. This included the ones in,
- Climactically, smashing the race was the Haridwar manufacturing facility with the Hero Xtreme 160R. This Makes the motorcycle the 100 millionth bike produced in the company’s history.
- With that, Hero Xtreme 160R also happens to be the latest motorcycle from the house of this Indian motorcycle manufacturer.
Besides, in this event Hero also launched 6 new celebrity edition of various two-wheelers. Namely, Xtreme 160R, Passion Pro, Glamour, Splendor, Destiny and Maestro. These limited edition vehicles get new attractive paint scheme. For you to know, Mr Pawan Munjal also exclaimed that the company achieved
- 50 millionth motorcycle in 2014
- 75 millionth motorcycle in 2017
- and now 100 millionth motorcycle in 2021
Hero Xtreme 160R
The 100 millionth motorcycle also happens to be one of the sweetest offerings from the manufacturer.
- So, powering this bike is a 163cc single-cylinder motor that generates 15bhp of max power and 14Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed constant mesh gearbox.
- Also, this drivetrain and powertrain combination allows the motorcycle to sprint from 0-60kmph just 4.7 seconds.
- Additionally, the motorcycle closely rivals the ever-popular TVS Apache RTR 160 4V.