Honda came up with the next-gen Honda City last year with a completely overhauled vehicle. Now in 2021, the Japanese carmaker has updated its only sedan in India with new connected car features. At the time of the Honda City’s launch, the sedan came with Alexa compatibility. But now the company has updated the City can now it comes with Google Assistant. This means the updated sedan could respond to your OK GOOGLE commands.
What’s new on the 2021 Honda City?
Well in this update City remains unchanged when it comes to aesthetics. As of now the additions on the vehicle are limited to updated connected car tech.
- In this update, Honda City adds many new commands that will make the ownership experience a lot feature-rich.
- Now via voice commands one can operate the car AC, remotely open the boot, check fuel and battery status and more.
- All you’ll have to do is give the comment via your phone or any google enabled device. “OK Google!, ask Honda to open the car’s boot” et Voila, the car will open the boot for you.
- In addition to this, the carmaker has also updated its existing Honda connect. Now, the City gets Fuel logs, maintenance cost analysis.
2021 Honda City Powerhouse
There are no changes when it comes to the transmission. This Honda comes with two engine options, a petrol and a diesel.
- Talking about the petrol, under the hood, the car comes with a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine. This motor is capable of generating a peak power of 121hp.
- On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine generated 100hp of pea torque.
- It is the petrol engine that gets an option of a manual as well as an automatic transmission. But the diesel is only offered with just a 6-speed MT.
Honda City Price and its rivals
Despite the outselling SUV segment Honda City is one of the cars that still is a strong pillar for the sedans in India. That said, cars like Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid, Toyota Yaris, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz are some of the cars to be a part of this segment. Currently, Honda City starts at a base price of ₹11.02 Lakh and goes all the way up to ₹14.97 Lakh.
More about Honda City
Also, read: 10 Upcoming Sedans in 2021 | Honda City Hybrid To Skoda Rapid