It has been one of the toughest challenges for the Indian Automobile Industry to shift to the new and more stringent BS6 emission norms. This has happened only 3 years after the BS4 emission norms were put into effect which has lead all major manufactures to re-strategize and develop new engines compliant to these new norms and this put together with the already suffering domestic market has led to nothing but chaos.
Almost every major automobile manufacturer have started ditching their diesel engines to save some of the production cost. However, this has also led the company’s to develop more fuel-efficient and environment-friendly engines which might lead to the permanent discontinuation of diesel engines.
A company like Hyundai have also started rolling out their versions of the BS6 compliant models with one such being the recently launched Hyundai Aura.
So let’s find out how Fuel-efficient is the Hyundai Aura when compared with its active rivals
Hyundai Aura Vs Rivals – Fuel Efficiency
|Model||Engine||Transmission||Mileage (ARAI Certified)|
|Hyundai Aura||1.2-litre 3-cylinder, turbo-diesel||5-speed MT/AMT||25.4 Kmpl|
|Maruti Dzire||1.5-litre 4-cylinder diesel||5-speed MT/AMT||25.11 kmpl|
|Honda Amaze||1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, diesel||5-speed MT/AMT||24.7 kmpl|
|Ford Freestyle||1.2-litre 3-cylinder, turbo-diesel||5-speed MT/AMT||24 kmpl|
What’s Under the Hood?
- Under the hood, the Aura will come equipped with two petrol and one diesel engine options compliant to the BS6 emission norms. The petrol line-up includes a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder engine putting the power output to 83hp with 113 Nm of torque. Additionally, there will also be 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged engine pushing the power output to 100 hp along with 171 Nm of peak torque.
- The diesel line-up will feature a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder engine unit capable of generating 74 hp and 190 Nm of peak torque both the variants will come equipped with a 5-speed manual and AMT unit.
Hyundai Aura | Variants
- 1.0-litre Turbo GDI MT (SX+)
- 1.2-litre AMT Kappa (S)
- (SX+) 1.2-litre AMT Kappa
- (S) 1.2-litre MT CNG
- (E) 1.2-litre MT Kappa
- 1.2-litre MT Kappa (S)
- 1.2-litre MT Kappa (SX)
- 1.2-litre MT Kappa (SX(O))
- 2-litre AMT (S)
- 1.2-litre AMT (SX+)
- 1.2-litre MT (S)
- 1.2-litre MT (SX(O)
Hyundai Aura | Interior & Exterior
The interior changes to Hyundai Aura make it more technology ready allowing more control over functions of the car easily.
- It will have the same dashboard configuration as Grand i10.
- A touch screen infotainment system with Android and Apple support.
- A digital speedometer and MID to complement the new dashboard.
- A rearview mirror projection on the inside mirror to help with reversing the car.
- It also features an Arkamys sound system along with wireless charging.
- For comfort, it features a rear centre armrest.
- The car also has Hyundai’s own creation called the BlueLink connectivity.
The exterior will get some changes to make the car look more sporty and incite young audiences.
- The Aura also has a features a wrap-around taillight design.
- The license plate will now reside on the bumper.
- It will also get dual boomerang-shaped LED DRL.
- The top variant will get 15” diamond-cut wheels.
- Fiery Red
- Polar White
- Typhoon Silver
- Titan Grey
- Alpha Blue
- Vintage Brown