Korean auto giant Hyundai is all set to update the brands first sub-compact SUV for India, The Hyundai Venue.
Going by leading media reports, it is believed that the Venue is bound to get a couple of new variants. Although some reports also suggest that Hyundai might as well discontinue some of its variants.
- Hyundai will soon discontinue 5 variants, which include (E) 1.5 diesel MT, (S) 1.5 diesel, MT, (S)1.0 petrol iMT, (S) 1.0 petrol DCT and SX (O) 1.0 petrol MT.
- While the new variant list on the Hyundai Venue includes S (O) 1.0-litre petrol iMT and DCT and 1.5-litre diesel MT, SX (O) Executive 1.5 litre diesel MT option.
- to make the Venue more affordable the all-new SX (O) Executive trim will feature steel rims instead of alloy wheels.
- Although it will continue to come equipped with features like a sunroof and Hyundai’s bluelink technology.
What about prices?
|Hyundai Venue Updated Prices|
|S (O) iMT||₹9.03 lakh|
|S (O) DCT||9.94 lakh|
|SX MT||₹10 lakh|
|SX iMT||₹10 lakh|
|SX (O) iMT||₹11.29 lakh|
|SX+ DCT||11.61 lakh|
|SX (O) Executive||₹10.97 lakh|
What powers the Hyundai Venue?
- Currently the Hyundai Venue is offered with 3 engine options- 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol, a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel and a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol.
- These engines comes mated to a standard 6-speed manual with an optional AMT, iMT and DCT gearbox.
- The Venue rivals the likes of the Tata Nexon, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra XUV300, Honda WR-V and the Nissan Magnite.